The Scientific Committee invites all participants wishing to contribute to the scientific program to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation. Abstract submission opens on September 3, 2018. Abstracts must be submitted by January 31, 2019 Extended to February 18, 2019
Authors with accepted abstracts will be requested to prepare an extended paper which will be published on the online Journal Key Engineering Materials, published by Trans Tech Publications and indexed by Scopus. Further instructions will be given after the abstract acceptance.
The preparation of the extended paper won’t be compulsory but optional.
All accepted abstracts will be included in the final program anyway.
A selection of the best submitted full papers will be published on a special issue of the Journals “Surface Engineering” and “Materials and Manufacturing Processes” after the Congress.
Please note that at least one author for each paper should be registered in the Conference by May 5, 2019
» Abstract submission opens: September 3, 2018
» Abstract submission: January 31, 2019 Extended to February 18, 2019
» Abstract acceptance notification: February 28, 2019
» Full Paper submission: March 31, 2019
» Full Paper final acceptance notification: April 30, 2019
- Additive manufactured surfaces
- Biomedical coatings and surfaces
- Characterization of engineered surfaces
- Cold and thermal spray
- Conversion coatings
- Electric and photovoltaic coatings
- Magnetic coatings
- Electro and electro-less plating
- Functional coatings
- Fluidized bed based surface treatments
- Hard chromium alternatives
- High-temperature corrosion protection
- Hydro-/ice- and oleo phobic/philic
- Laser and PTA cladding
- Laser beam surface modification
- Modelling and simulation of coating microstructures
- Multifunctional coatings surfaces
- Shot peening and mechanical treatments
- Novel surface modification techniques
- Optical coatings
- Residual stresses
- Sol-gel surface coatings
- Severe plastic deformation processes
- Thermochemical surface engineering
- Thin film by PVD, CVD, and ALD
- Tribological coatings
- Wear and corrosion protection
- Anodizing and electrochemical behaviour
- Self cleaning surfaces
- Friction stir processing
Abstracts can also been sent for the Special Sessions topics:
- Tribological Characterization of surfaces
- Fluidized bed based treatments
- Surface Treatments of Additively Manufactured Components
- Metallurgy of Surfaces
- Nanostructured Surfaces
- Cold Spray
- Plasma electrolytic oxidation (PEO) and Electrolytic Surface Treatment
- European Academy of Surface Technology
Abstract submission procedure
Please follow carefully the online submission procedure.
The system will require: the details of the submitter, the list of authors with complete affiliations, the indication of the corresponding author, the selection of the preference for the topics and for the type of presentation (oral, poster, no preference). However the final decision will be made by the Scientific Committee upon final acceptance of the paper.
Abstracts length should be 200-300 words and should be written in English in a WORD file following the template given. Figures are not allowed. Please use font: Times new roman size 12. The WORD file should be uploaded at the end of the procedure.
After entering the online form and sending the abstract, the corresponding author will receive by email the confirmation of submission, together with a username and a password. Authors can login at any time into the abstract submission system and make all changes to the abstract, till the deadline for the abstract submission.
For any further information please contact the conference secretariat: email@example.com